- After a 10 day break, the women are back in Rome for final WWC preparations
- After suffering a foot injury, Kelly Parker is back with the team in hopes she'll make the cut.
- WNY Flash teammates Candace Chapman and Christine Sinclair will also be in Rome for a week. They'll head back to WNY until the beginning of June then return with the national team for final prep before June 26th.
Unfortunate turn of events:
- Early May, Steph Labbe injured the posterior cruciate ligament in her right knee.
- Surgery is not needed just three months or less rehab
- By her tweets you can tell she's staying positive and still looking to get back to training with Canada.
- It has not been officially announced what Steph's status is. She had an MRI and will meet with doctors Tuesday night for the prognosis
- Pitea currently has two back-up 'keepers, Hanny Wikstrom and Anna Carlsson but the club continues to hunt for a new goalkeeper.
- The Club won't be able to sign a new player until a transfer window opens in August.
New face at camp:
- Due to Labbe's injury, Morace was forced to call up a new 'keeper to Rome.
- Teenager Rachelle Beansland got the nod to train with Canada's finest.
- Beansland attended this past winter's national U-18 camp in Brazil and backstopped the Ottawa Furry U-17 girls to the 2010 Super Y-League Championship.
- Congrats on the opportunity, Rachelle.
- Last weekend WNY Flash defeated Sky Blue FC 3-1
- Parker and Candace both got the start.
- Sinclair was in Montreal receiving her green card.